Sunday, March 7, 2010

Glowing

We've got some happy girls in the house! Alicyn says,"Mommy, I will never change this color. It is lovely. This is such a cute room." From Gracyn, "I like pink." That's right, not only is the room glowing, so are the girls. "Mom, I can't believe you painted my room pink." I can't either darling, but I'm so happy you are enjoying it.

We've had a fun week. Justyn and I made it to Green Bay for a date night. We had dinner out and took in some acoustic tunes. The girls had a chance to play with lots of friends this week and yesterday we resumed the Saturday morning walk to the bakery. Yummy! Then off to swim and dinner at a friend's house. We are so thankful for friends here in Shawano and warmer temperatures to enjoy the great outdoors.

Gracyn's been giving us lots of smiles and she is ready to turn three this week, although she will tell you she is turning four. On Thursday, we went to a friends house for a birthday dinner and we took some Dairy Queen treats as a gift. I was explaining to her that we were not going to eat it, but it was a gift. From the back seat I hear, "Mommy, I don't want a rainbow cake." I said, "What? Why, don't you want your rainbow cake?" She's made sure to let everyone know she is having a rainbow cake with lady bugs on it, so why the big sudden change? "I want ice cream!" So cute. "Oh honey, you can have ice cream with your cake."

Alicyn is busy. She loves school and I can't keep enough projects in front of her. Today she danced around the house in a mismatched leotard, tights and tutu and I heard her ask daddy if there are more colors in heaven.

This weeks eats:
S - pork tacos, broccoli/cauliflower salad
M - bbq pork sandwich, coleslaw
T -a warm day with surprise hike interrupted dinner plans, daddy made the girls mac-n-cheese so I could make it to volleyball. thanks daddy, the girls loved it!
W -more tacos, but they were really good
R - friend's house for dinner
F - out to green bay
S - frz pizza and fluff

Thanks to a favorable forecast, tomorrow we grill!





1 comment:

jd poulos said...

Sounds like things are going well in the Poulos Household. I can't wait to get back and visit. Not too much longer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY G-Racyn! Hope it is a good one!