Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Week

"Gracyn, how old are you?"
"Four."
"No, you're three."
"No, I four."

So our baby turned three this week and she seems to think she is a little older than she actually is. On her birthday, we headed out for ice cream at our favorite place. We all enjoyed the birthday treat and she enjoyed the phone calls from all her grandmas and grandpas. Thank you! We did have a few presents to open and Alicyn had told me she would like to give Gracyn new jammies, so I picked up some cute princess jammies and told her that was her gift to give. She was so somber while she was wrapping them because she loved it so much and obviously wanted to keep them for herself. Eventually she said, "Mom, do you think you can get me these for my birthday?" Giving can be so tough sometimes.

Today, Grandma Dawn came up for the day and we celebrated some more. The girls helped me assemble the rainbow cake this morning and thankfully, we found some ladybugs at a craft store, so I didn't have to make them. My attention this week was on painting the girls and guest room, so it was great to have an easy cake this year. I put the cake on the table before lunch and noticed Gracyn hovering near it and a small swipe of frosting was mysteriously missing. She looked up so cute with a blob of white across her cheek (which she didn't know was there). Pointing to the cake I said, "Who ate this frosting?" She grins and says, "Don't know. Not me."
Ha! Happy Birthday sweetie!

Still not going to post pics of the rooms. We're not done yet, but it's looking really nice. :)


Eats? Nothing too exciting...
S - frz pizza...? i don't remember. busy painting...
M- Chicken, green beans, pineapple
T - Subway and Ice Cream
W - left over Chicken
R - Spaghetti (venison and hm marinara), salad
F - left overs Spaghetti, salad
S - Tuscan Soup, Salad, Bread

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! Sounds like a great week. Can't wait to see the room! Loving the camera? I can notice a huge difference in the pictures :) yay.

jd poulos said...

Love the pics. Keep them coming. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gracyn!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Anonymous said...

Precious moments turn into precious memories!
Thx for the pics and blog msg.
Glad G'ma Dawn came to the BD party. I hope she gave a couple extra hugs for me.
LvU,
G'ma Alice