Thursday, January 12, 2012

By more than one request...

Here you have it. The latest. Apparently watching blissful fall days of sunshine and our heavenly rendezvous to paradise isn't good enough to keep you all entertained. I agree, it's been awhile and yes, we know the header says 2010 and it is, in fact, 2012. Blogging? Well, we're just not into it. Maybe I need a different system? Not sure, but I agree I'm terrible at it. I do enjoy writing and photography, so I don't know what the problem is. I need a different system. A few new pics for you here today. Nothing fantastic, no edits. We've had a very mild winter which is fine by me, but we did sign the girls up for ski lessons, so it would be nice to get them out a few times (cross country).

December kept us busy with Holiday fare, baking and visits. Thank you for the visits! Girls had a great Christmas morning, you'll notice it is very dark outside when they are opening presents. Santa gifted them with slippers and snow globes. We gifted them with a much appreciate science kit. One small disappointment with the day, I whipped up some rotten cream for our Swedish Pancakes. That was sad. I'm still not over it. I'm just glad we didn't have company for that experience. I would have been so embarrassed to fail on Christmas morning.

New Year rolled in. Huskers and Badgers both lost. I turned 34. Yikes! I've been busy in the kitchen cooking up meals. Justyn was stumped when he actually thought my pumpkin curry soup was....good. We'd had a few good meals lately. I wish it didn't cost so much to eat. Prices are crazy. I've been working on my education as well, so I rewarded myself for finishing my last class (to get my WI teaching certificate), by using my birthday cash a gallon of paint. Gray in the kitchen, but I fear I've gone too light this time. It glows in there or perhaps the paint isn't the problem as much as the cabinets, appliances, sink, doors, trim and counter tops all being bright white? Yes too much white which I have always believed to be true... maybe we're looking at a counter top. Not sure yet.

Girls are good. Enjoying school and staying relatively healthy this year. Hooray! Tonight, while Alicyn was at ballet, dad and I humored Gracyn by letting her boss us around while playing school. She told us, not only was she the teacher, but she was also the principle. Over achiever. :) Alicyn's still our outdoor girl. She enjoyed playing in the snow for an hour today and she's also our passionate scientist who is beginning a dinosaur unit at school. We are thankful for the opportunity she's had to study real dinos up close in WY and the confidence it's given her.

Justyn is busy. Always. Work has his head spinning, but he loves it. Over break he made a nice looking coffee table, but I'm not sure any coffee has graced it's top yet. These days the fire place gets our attention.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THX for updating! the girls are growing like weeds --- what a special age --- you are SO blessed!
Lv2all, Mom Harris